I’ve selected the washer/dryer pair listed in my catalog based on a target $800 budget and Consumer Reports recommendations. While there were other washers or dryers that scored as well or better, I tried to choose a matching pair that offered high scores for each appliance. As always, I greatly appreciate anyone that selects me as their Personal Shopper; it takes only a minute of your time and I earn commissions for life when you shop at any of the Sears brands. Thank you!
The regular price on each appliance is $897.99. They are currently on sale for $500 each! That’s a whopping 45% off without any work. Because of their special pricing, I haven’t been able to get any coupons to work over the last few days – consider it a blessing in disguise: you’re not missing anything.
You may choose to purchase with a credit card that offers extended warranties or price match protection; that is your decision to make. If you’re just looking for the best price, follow the tried-and-true steps below. Note that there are usually bonuses through syweverywhere and better payouts at many of the portals, but the sale price on these appliances may not last longer. Your gamble!
- Buy a discounted Sears (or Kmart) gift card. Navigate to cashbackmonitor.com and search for Raise. I don’t see any major payouts right now, so choose what you like or go to syweverywhere.com and search for Raise to get 3% back. At Raise, select a $1000 value Sears gift card for 6-7% off. Quick way to save over $50, right? You will earn 3% on the ~$950 gift card, or around $30. It can take a couple days to post, but you’ll earn more on that washer/dryer. Later, you can redeem those for an accessory or, if nothing else, consumables at Kmart.
- Navigate to Sears.com through the portal of your choice. Just as with the link above, pick a portal with a payout you like. British Airways is offering a whopping 12pts/dollar; while availability can be limited, you can book American Airlines one way flights with miles for 12,500 pts, so this one purchase is about enough for that award. Else, you can use miles for (expensive) hotel bookings – I’ve done it, but it isn’t a great value. However, at this payout maybe it is worth considering.
- Add the appliances to your cart and check out with your gift card. You’re just shopping as normal at this point!
For a quick tally…
- Original Price: $900
- Sale Price: $500
- Gift Card Discount: 6% ($60 total)
- Gift Card Portal Award: 3% ($28 total)
- Gift Card Redemption Portal Award: 12 pts/dollar or 2% – either 12,000 pts or $20. I know what I’d choose!
Final savings: $1800 – $400 – $400 – $60 – $28 = $912 plus a one way flight or $20 with potentially a $5 Raise bonus and/or $10 from BeFrugal.
Please contact me with your questions. I use this formula over and over and over again on nearly every purchase I make – check in weekly for updated promotions and bonuses!