Craftsman Tools, Better-Than-Free After Points!

I love these deals!

I’ve added all of the items that are free after points to this catalog (please consider adding me as your personal shopper – I’ll earn a 2% commission on your purchase from Sears, which is such a nice way for you to give me a thumbs up on this deal.)

Here’s how it adds up:

Total Price: ~$450

SYWR Points Earned: ~$480

Coupons Applied: $20 off $150 and $20 in surprise points

You can make the deal better by starting at cashbackmonitor.com and picking a portal to shop through. I was unable to redeem gift cards on this purchase without severely reducing the cash back…this doesn’t make any sense and 45 minutes on the phone with customer service didn’t get me anywhere. I shopped through British Airways as we are in the midst of planning a spring vacation and paid with my Discover card to earn 5% back with the category bonus (don’t forget to activate this perk!) You should be able to count this as an additional $25 in savings.

What am I going to do with the points I received?

I’m going to buy the main body of this tool, which is currently on sale for $80. I might order some consumables – garbage bags, laundry detergent, etc – from Kmart. Or, I’ll just shop around for items to sell on Amazon/eBay/craigslist (I’ll share what I find.) We also recently purchased shelving units for about $45 and are looking for a few more, I need an iPad mini for my drone, and we’re hoping to pick up an end-of-season clearance set of patio furniture. I guess that’s the great thing about Sears and Kmart – we’re always finding something the house needs.

I don’t need this stuff!

These items appear to be popular on eBay and Amazon. You can likely sell them for ~$200, plus Sears is going to give you more store credit back than you spent in the first place. You could also donate the whole kit and write it off. At the very least, it’s an easy $500 on your credit card and the cash back can be used on almost anything at Sears/Kmart.

Good luck!

4 thoughts on “Craftsman Tools, Better-Than-Free After Points!

• December 3, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Last year I got great mileage out of the Gold VIP choices – 75% back on a few Craftsman power tools. One happened to be something my brother-in-law really wanted for redoing his floors. Paid for with 15% discounted gift cards, got back more than 75%…basically paid about $35 for a $230 compound saw of some sort, way better than the one he was planning to get himself. And I got “Best Sister-in-Law Ever” status.

• December 3, 2016 at 6:14 PM

That is amazing!! This is my first year with status and I was just upgraded to Platinum, but I didn’t think this quarter had the best offers…maybe next year? 🙂 Did you find any treasures this year?

• December 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I got upgraded to Platinum a few weeks ago. I did some of the Black Friday deals early, and a couple on Black Friday. I had a lot of problems with things claiming to be 100% back in points, but they weren’t. However, I got some of those small $4 tools (LED light, tape measure, knife, etc) and a 7.5′ pre-lit Christmas tree that I’m taking to a welfare family I’ve adopted – her 4yo found a lighter and burned down their house in July. Anyway, I also got the Kenmore electric skillet and griddle on Black Friday itself.

I added you as my Personal Shopper 🙂 I will head into Sears in a few days to see if I can get as lucky as you did!

• December 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Ya! When they changed the rules, I got upgraded. It was awesome. Don’t forget to call SYWR – you should qualify for 3 Choice Benefits, although mine didn’t automatically adjust.

I have been using those knives all week as I unpack the 140 appliances I bought at Kohl’s….!!

Thank you so much for your generosity! That is quite a tragedy…do they have an angel tree? That is something I would like to contribute to. I love couponing because I can bring great products at great prices to our local military community. I cover my expenses and everyone is happy.

I’m going to spend the night watching my Clemson Tigers and building a catalog of all the items that qualified for 100% Back in Points at our store. I hope they will work for you, too – but if they don’t, there’s always the return option…here’s the catalog link!